Friday, September 4, 2015

Been a long time...

Well it has been a long time since I have written in this blog.  We have been here for a little over two years now and we have had an amazing time living on this tropical paradise.  There have been some growing pains with living on an island in the middle of the Pacific Ocean.  (I will get into those later.)

Since we have been here, we have gone swimming more times than I can count.  My oldest daughter has become scuba certified, Hillary and I are already certified, and I have accumulated almost 100 dives.  I will try to post some pictures of the adventures we have had so far.

The diving on this island is unreal.  I leave work at 4:30 and I'm in the water by 5:00 - 5:15.  We have a number of amazing coral heads and wrecks to explore.  If you are a diver, surfer, snorkeler, fisherman, boater, or even just a sit on the beach kind of person, then this is the place for you.

I'm still in awe of the beauty that I get to see on a daily basis. 

Even on days like today, just as I'm getting ready to walk out the door to take my kids to school, the rain start pouring down (when I say pouring, I mean raining so hard I can't see the other side of the road 20 ft. away).  The best way to handle that situation is to put on my Frogg Toggs rain suit and head out the door.  The rain suit is an essential part of living on a tropical island.  It's tropical for a reason.  What a beautiful experience.  Can't get that in Arizona!

No comments:

Post a Comment