Sunday, June 23, 2013

Day 1

18 Jun 2013 0800 MST

We boarded the plane from Salt Lake City, Utah to Kwajalein Atoll, Marshall Islands.  Of course it wasn't that easy.  We had to make a couple stop overs in route to Kwaj (as the locals refer to it).  We flew from SLC to Phoenix, AZ for a change of plane and a couple hours of waiting with 5 kids.  12 (useless), 10 (useless), 5 (less than useless) and two, almost, 2 year old's (the two we needed the most help with).  I wish that was our only stop, but of course, it wasn't.  The government thought it would be great for us to get to stop over in Hawaii.  I thought so too, but it wasn't as fun as I thought it would be.  We arrived in Hawaii at 1500 pm HST after getting up in SLC at 0400 in the morning.  For those of you who have no idea that's 15 hours of traveling with a 5 year old and two 2 year old's.  Awesome!  

I honestly thought I would have the energy to go over to see Pearl Harbor and the USS Arizona memorial, boy was I wrong.  By the time we got to Hawaii and got all 30 pieces of luggage and 7 people to the hotel I had no energy left to even go swimming in the pool at the hotel.  We decided to eat dinner and the girls swim while Hill and I ate and attempted feeding the babies the incredibly over priced food from the hotel.

Thus ends the first day of our adventure.

No comments:

Post a Comment